Work With An Experienced, Knowledgeable, and Compassionate Legal Team That Wants to Help You and Your Family
Attorneys Chris Cagle and Bianca Rodriguez (working with Paralegals Shawntea and Gilbert) at the Cagle Law Firm.
A Wrongful Death Attorney Austin TX Can Count On.
Losing a loved one can be devastating. It can be even worse if a loved one’s death was caused by someone else’s negligence. This is where we come in. As a wrongful death attorney that Austin Texas residents have worked with for many years, we have the experience in these cases to get your family the fullest compensation available. When tragedy like this strikes, your family is thrust into a confusing, uncertain, and grieving period of time. If a loved one’s death was caused by someone else’s negligence, it can creates serious financial loss for your family—on top of the devastating personal loss. To protect your family, you should contact an experienced wrongful death attorney that can help protect you and your family during this difficult time. While it is difficult to speak with an attorney during such a difficult time, it may be necessary to protecting your family’s interests down the road.
For example, contacting our Austin wrongful death lawyers can help: preserve evidence of the negligent conduct that caused the accident, help guide you through life insurance and funeral expense insurance policies, and hold those negligent parties accountable for what they have done—hopefully stopping them from doing it again in the future and hurting someone else.
The attorneys at The Cagle Law Firm, P.C. know how hard it can be to lose a family member. We will work to hold the negligent party responsible and help you recover the maximum amount of compensation available. Of course, no amount of compensation will replace your loved one, but it can help you avoid financial problems caused by a loss of income or bills related to your loved one’s death, and it can help ensure that the responsible party does not cause the same tragedy to another family through their negligence.
Insurance companies have mislead the public about the nature of wrongful death claims. They try to convince people that filing a lawsuit or making a claim for the death of a loved one is an attempt to “profit” from the tragedy. That is simply not true. Filing a wrongful death claim or a lawsuit seeking damages for the wrongful death of a loved one serves three critical purposes, and none of them involve “getting rich” as insurance companies like to say.
- Deterrence: By making a wrongful death claim on behalf of your loved one, you are deterring the defendant from endangering the life of someone else through the same conduct. Whether the wrongful death occurred as the result of a negligent employer, a defective or dangerous product design, a drunk driver, or a negligent medical provider, the goal is the same: stop this tragedy from being repeated.
- Closure: Often times the family and friends of a loved one that is killed by the negligence of another never gets answers to important questions. How did this happen? Can it happen to someone else? What could have been done to avoid this tragedy from occurring? Answers to these questions can provide much needed closure for the family and friends that have lost a loved one. An experienced Austin wrongful death lawyer can help get these questions answered for you, and help you begin closure.
- Income Replacement: Work with a wrongful death attorney in Austin that will pursue claims that help you and your family replace the income that was lost when a loved one is killed by someone else’s negligence. When the primary income earner of a family is killed, spouses and children are left in a financial disaster—through no fault of their own. When the spouse and children make a wrongful death claim to replace this lost income, insurance companies treat them as if they are “trying to get rich.” It is shameful that insurance companies treat people this way, but it happens every day. You need an experienced Texas Wrongful Death lawyer to take on the insurance companies and get your family what they need.
We have extensive experience and skill litigating wrongful death claims in Texas. We know how the process works, and our determination and aggressive approach to protect your rights is equally matched by our compassion during this emotional time.
Who Can File A Claim?
Wrongful death lawsuits can be filed by the deceased’s family members, including the surviving spouse, children, and parents of the deceased. Damages that can be recovered in a Texas Wrongful Death lawsuit can be:
- lost care, maintenance, services, support, and advice and counsel from the deceased to his or her family members;
- mental and emotional anguish, pain and suffering;
- Lost love, companionship, and society; and,
- Lost inheritance, including what the deceased would likely have saved and left to the surviving family members if he or she had lived a normal expected lifetime.
The estate of the deceased can also file a wrongful death claim for survivorship damages for the deceased’s pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages.
Why You Should Work With Us
Texas Wrongful Death claims are complex and require skilled lawyers who have experience handling these types of claims. This area of law can be quite complicated for attorneys who have never handled these claims before — trust our law firm to help you understand your rights and to fight on your behalf.
We have taken many complex cases through trial. We have a reputation for success and for providing high-quality legal services — we will work hard to maximize the compensation to help you and your family recover.
The Cagle Law Firm, P.C., provides individuals injured through someone else’s negligence personally tailored legal services. Learn about your legal rights and resources below. Call (512) 371-6101 for a free consultation.
Austin's Trusted Personal Injury Attorneys
Attorney Chris Cagle has been selected as a Texas "Super Lawyer" from 2009 through 2019 by Thomson Reuters, as published in Texas Monthly Magazine. Chris has also been included in the Multi MIllion Dollar Advocates.