No one expects to get in a car accident. Crashes can happen in a matter of seconds, and you probably won’t see it coming until it’s too late. What should you do after a car accident?
Skilled Attorneys Providing Quality Representation
At The Cagle Law Firm, P.C., we will help you if you’ve been in an accident. We will explain your rights and how the legal process works, and we will work hard to ensure you receive fair compensation from the insurance company to help pay for all damages you are entitled to by law, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and physical impairment.
Car accidents can be scary and traumatizing. We can handle the complex issues involving your insurance company and other legal matters so you can focus on getting better.
Below are our tips on what action to take after being involved in a car accident.
- Call the police immediately and report the accident.
- Most importantly, seek medical attention right away. Often times, people involved in a car crash do not feel pain immediately at the scene of the collision, and assume they will be ok, only to wake up the next day in severe pain. Don’t risk it. Whether it is an ambulance ride, an emergency room visit, or simply going to your family doctor immediately after the collision, get seen by a physician. Your health is too important to risk it.
- Get information from the other drivers involved in the crash, including their insurance information.
- Collect evidence or document any notes about what may have caused the crash. This may include getting contact information from witnesses.
- Take photographs of the scene of the collision, the vehicles involved, and any signs of injury.
Do not speak to the insurance company – they are not there to help you. Instead, call us. We are here for you and can make sure your insurance company as well as the other motorist’s insurance company do not take advantage of you and your right to receive fair compensation.
Our lawyers will help you through every step in this process. We will collect evidence from the scene of the accident and obtain your medical records to document the extent and nature of your injuries. This information helps us build a strong injury claim to help you receive the maximum benefits and compensation available under Texas law.
Contact Our Law Firm
Based in Austin, we represent clients throughout the surrounding areas in Texas. To learn more about what to do after a car accident, call us at 888-353-3619 or 512-371-6101 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.