The following list is a small sample of cases and does not encompass the thousands of cases we have handled on behalf of injured Texans.
- $800,000 – Lampasas girl killed when the truck she was riding in flipped after the driver had been drinking alcohol. Received maximum damages available from defendants.
- $430,000 – motorist injured when a commercial vehicle ran a red light, causing a shoulder injury that ultimately required surgical repair.
- $300,000 – Hutto woman suffered a cervical disc herniation when she was t-boned by a driver that ran a stop sign.
- $250,000 – Teenage girl was a passenger in a truck, driven by a friend, that was involved in a one-vehicle collision. Injuries included laceration and scarring on her forehead and a fractured collar bone that did not require surgery.
- $200,000 – Austin man was cut off on Highway 290 causing a collision that resulted in a torn rotator cuff. Rotator cuff required surgical repair.
- $200,000. Motorist rear ended on Highway 360 and Las Cimas at a red light. Client required surgical repair of his shoulder. Case was resolved with a settlement of $200,000.00.
- $160,000 – Round Rock woman suffered a fractured pelvis when she was t-boned by a drunk driver that ran a red light.
- $130,000 Representing a motorist injured in a collision with a drunk driver. The insurance company for the drunk driver offered an insulting $20,000.00 to resolve the case. We filed the lawsuit and got it resolved for the insurance policy limits.
- $2.2 Million – Birth injury due to in utero exposure of a toxic agent by an OBGYN during prenatal care.
- $1.2 Million – Austin woman was diagnosed with partial paralysis below the waist after undergoing a spinal fusion surgery. The surgery was performed in a manner that was below the standard of care and the surgeon used a medical device in a manner that was not approved by the FDA.
- $300,000 – Killeen man was improperly treated for sickle cell complications and was not transferred to an appropriate hospital with a higher level of care.
- $200,000 – Bastrop woman developed Cuada Equina syndrome following a lumbar fusion surgery that excessively retracted her spinal nerves during the procedure.
- $167,500 – 5 year old Georgetown girl misdiagnosed with pediatric pneumonia at local pediatric clinic. Girl developed severe bacterial pneumonia and required chest tubes and other interventions as a result of a delayed diagnosis.
- $165,000 – San Antonio man suffered severe injuries during a postoperative physical therapy session when physical therapist aggressively manipulated his lower back, re injuring the area that had just been surgically repaired.
Medical Device & Product Defect Settlements and Verdicts
- $950,000 – Austin man suffered head trauma with minor brain injury due to defective industrial machine. Plaintiff retained scientific and engineering experts to offer a safer alternative design for the equipment that caused the injuries, providing a blueprint for the equipment manufacturer to build safer machines.
- $750,000 – Dallas man killed when he was ejected from vehicle. Plaintiff retained master mechanic experts and accident re-constructionists and bio-mechanical expert witnesses to recreate and simulate the collision and to identify the defectively manufactured vehicle part that was responsible for the car losing traction on the roadway.
Commercial Litigation Settlements and Verdicts
- $2,825,255 – Obtained a judgement against a software development company for fraudulently inducing a San Antonio technology start up into entering into a service contract when the defendant did not have the resources or expertise to perform the work.
- $1.1 Million – Represented various plaintiffs who were the victims of a complex Austin real estate fraud scheme involving lenders, appraisers, developers and real estate agents.
- $1.1 Million – Plaintiff filed a lawsuit against the convenience store that recklessly sold alcoholic beverages to teenagers in the regular course of its business, ultimately resulting in the death of a Lampasas teenager.