Cagle Law Firm and Big Brother Big Sisters Scholarship
Big Brothers Big Sisters is more than your typical nonprofit or volunteer organization. For over 100 years, they have been committed to help develop positive relationships that have a lasting effect on the lives of young people from ages 6 to 18. Like BBBS, we believe in taking the first opportunity to help someone in need in order to change their life for the better.
We are granting a scholarship to two students who are part of the BBBS program worth $1,000 each. Each check will be made payable to the recipients’ schools to cover tuition and related expenses.
Eligibility for The Cagle Law Firm BBBS Scholarship
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Recipient is a U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the United States
- Recipient is accepted, and will be attending an accredited community college, trade school, or undergraduate university in the fall of the same year following the application.
- Academic achievement as reflected by an undergraduate cumulative minimum 2.5 GPA
Applicants must also fulfill one of the following:
- Graduating high school senior currently in an active match and planning to attend a qualifying school/program.
- Big Futures matches – active match with student 18 years or older and attending a qualifying school/program
- Any past Little planning to attend a qualifying school/program.
Full list of BBBS Scholarship requirements can be found here
How to Apply
The following documents are required for eligible students to apply for The Cagle Law Firm BBBS scholarship. Applicants must submit the following by April 1st, 2020:
- One to three (1-2) page typed essay describing your educational goals and containing all of your contact information
- An official and complete copy of high school or undergraduate college transcripts
- An acceptance letter from a qualifying school/program within the United States
- Proof of legal residency in the U.S. (i.e., birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.)
Please submit your completed application and required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
More Information Regarding the Award
The Cagle Law Firm BBBS scholarship is to be used exclusively for school tuition and related expenses. A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipients’ schools to cover these expenses. The recipients are expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations. The Cagle Law Firm BBBS Scholarship award recipients will be notified of the selection on or around August 1, 2020.
DEADLINE: Completed applications must be submitted no later than April 1, 2020. Application materials should be e-mailed in PDF format to:
Cagle Law Firm
5300 Bee Cave Rd Bldg 1, Ste 240
Austin, TX 78746